We start in the name of Allah the most Beneficent the most Merciful, and may His Peace and Blessings be upon our Messenger Mohammed.
There is no doubt that our beloved country Yemen has experienced a harsh reality through the past decades of corruption and oppressive rule that covered the political, economic, social, cultural and other aspects of our lives. The above mentioned challenges brought all of us as Yemenis to a critical decision making era, either to revolt and live with dignity or to surrender and live with misery.
Therefore we had to decide our pathway, and we chose to live with dignity. The sole pathway was a peaceful revolution that we believe is irreversible. This conclusion was reached after we patiently waited and silently hoped that the current regime would change their agenda. We have been searching for opportunities to get out of the country’s crisis and hoped that the government would accept our advice that can help the country, unfortunately we face an arrogant regime that forces its injustice through a comedy show called “the national dialogue”.
We consider this revolution the only hope for a bright future for Yemen, where rights are maintained, safety is reserved for all civilians, and the regime is civil, democratic and free. For this noble cause we offered the many pure youthful souls in the “Change” and “Freedom” squares. On the other side the current regime continued their crimes and bloodshed, spreading panic, and looting money all as a punishment for the revival and uprising of the people.
Despite this we replied to all the hatred with love, and to the bullets with flowers. This peaceful reply ensured that our voice would be reachable to the world, and be blessed after the Blessings of God. We sensed those blessings when pillars of the current regime fell apart and joined the revolution. Many other patriotic people joined and we displayed our country’s image that the governmental media distorts; from an uncivilized, terrorist society to a great peaceful nation.
Today the current regime is betting on dividing the revolutionaries and taking the revolution down from the inside. This is their only way after failing to control the reckless will of the revolution with their weapons. We believe we have a legitimate right and a noble cause that will not be beaten by their lies and fabrications.
In order to maintain our revolution and to succeed in our first goal, the fall of the regime we decided to form this Temporary Advisory Board that consists of a number of prominent actors at various levels. This is in order to unify all the efforts and reach our goal.
May our intention be pure and to the benefit of our beloved country.
Media Center Leaders
Wadah Alyemen Abdulkader
Media Center Director
The objectives for forming the Temporary Logistical Advisory Board are as follows:
2.1 General Objectives:
Unifying the vision of the various levels of the society in “Freedom Square” to achieve the revolution’s objectives.
2.2 General Requirements:
• The Temporary Logistical Advisory Board will meet to elect the Executive Panel from amongst its members.
• The Advisory Board meetings are binding when two-thirds of its members personally attend.
• The elected Executive Panel consists of eleven members and three alternate members.
• The decisions of the advisory board are binding when two-thirds of the members agree upon the decisions.
• The decisions of the Advisory Board are considered obligatory to the coordinating council as well as the other committees in the Square.
• The advisory board can hold meetings based on emergency situations.
• The Executive Panel conducts meetings on a daily basis to monitor and evaluate the coordinating council’s performance, and to implement the programs delegated to it.
• The time period specified to reorganize, name the committees and form the coordinating council is one week starting from the date of the first meeting of the Advisory board.
3.0 TERMS FOR THE BOARD’S FORMATION
The following demonstrates the terms required to form the Temporary Logistical Advisory Board – Taiz Governorate:
• The board consists of 30 – 35 members in charge of forming sub advisory committees with their names and functions.
• The board selects eleven of its members to represent the Executive Panel to implement the functions of the board and three alternate members.
• The Executive Panel has the right to ask for assistance in implementing its functions. Assistance is asked from qualified people who believe in the purpose and principles of the revolution, and are not biased to any segment of the society.
4.0 FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD
• To supervise, organize and institutionalize the various movements in the Square according to the general terms for established movements.
• Supervise the formation of a coordinating council based on the other movements formed in the Square and the terms of the coordinating council.
• Provide consultation to the various movements in the Square and the coordinating council in different areas to achieve the revolution’s objectives and principles.
• Solve all the problems and differences associated with the functioning of movements and the coordinating council, as required by the revolution’s interest.
• Approve the operational plan for the coordinating council
• Train and build the capacity of the movement’s youths and the coordinating councils in various fields.
• Provide logistical support for the Square
• Monitor and evaluate the functions of the movements and the coordinating council in order to achieve the revolution’s objectives
• Develop urgent mechanisms for escalating the revolution by all means to achieve the first phase objective of the revolution
• Directly supervise the coordinating council’s functions
5.0 TERMS FOR THE MOVEMENT’S FORMATION
• The least number of members who are regularly present in Freedom Square is 300.
• The movement should have a bylaw system that defines its vision, mission, goals, terms of membership, organizational structure, terms of reference for its executive board and financial resources.
• Members of one movement are not allowed to be members of another movement within the Square.
• Each movement is required to fill all the forms handed over by the Temporary Logistical Advisory board
• Member’s age should not be less than 16 years old and they must own an identity card
• The movement should sincerely believe in the revolution’s objectives and principles
• The movement is obligated to participatory group work spirit, under the leadership of the coordinating council
• The movement should comply with all the rules and principles that are prevalent in the square and under the supervision of the advisory council
• Elections are held under the advisory board supervision within each movement to select their executive body.
• Meetings are considered in binding when half + 1 of the legitimate members attend to conduct executive board elections.
6.0 FUNCTIONS OF THE COORDINATING COUNCIL
• Unifying all the logos and slogans in Freedom Square.
• Unifying the media speeches in the square under the supervision of the Square’s Media Center.
• Direct supervision of the organizational aspects of the Square.
• Direct supervision of the general committees functions.
• Raise all the difficult issues on a frequent basis to the Advisory Board for their rapid response.
• Monitoring the daily implementation of each committee in the Square.
• Evaluate the performance of the general committees in the Square and honor the distinguishable ones.
• Direct supervision on the tasks and activities of movements inside and outside the Square to achieve the revolution’s objectives.
• Approval of all programs and activities related to committees, movements and activists inside and outside the square in achieving the revolution’s objectives.
• Report on daily basis to the advisory board on all the activities and programs implemented in the square
• Get approval from the advisory board on the council’s plan, daily programs and mechanisms for achieving the revolution’s objectives.
Latest posts by CME (see all)
- “Terrorist, plain and simple”? The misleading strategy behind the “terrorist” tag. – October 6, 2015
- Letter Smuggled out of Egyptian Prisons: Esraa El Taweel Speak – July 14, 2015
- We must not forget Abu-Salim – July 7, 2015