The following document demonstrates the demands of the youth revolution that we “revolutionary youths” urge to acquire; otherwise we are determined not to leave “Change Square” until we achieve them. In addition we pledge to protect the revolution’s goals and achievements.
1. Drop the current regime with all its representatives peacefully and discharge the president’s relatives and family members from leading positions in the military and civil institutions.
2. Declare a transitional period after the fall of the current regime. The duration of this period is 6 months and it starts by a formal declaration of a constitutional revolution. Based on this declaration the current constitution is suspended temporarily. The members of the parliament, Shura council, local governors and the supreme judicial council are dismissed. A new supreme constitutional court is established.
3. Form a presidency council for the transitional period that is composed of five members, who are all known for their competence, integrity and experience. They should be accepted by all sectors of society as it is obligatory for them not to be pillars from the former regime. The task of the council is to manage the country during the transitional period. None of the council members are allowed to candidate himself/herself to the post of “President” or “Prime minister” before the completion of an entire election period.
4. Form a transitional national council representing the youth, political and national forces. The council will be responsible for the following:
• Form a committee for national dialogue that consists of representatives of national institutions and youth present in the “Change Square”. This committee shall discuss urgent issues such as the Southern Yemen issue and Sa’ada issue.
• Form a committee of jurists and experts in various areas to frame a modern, democratic constitution for the country based on equal citizenship and a new electoral system based on the percentage method. The constitution is to be prepared during a one month period and subjected to public referendum.
• Monitor the presidential council and the transitional government.
• Form the elections supreme committee.
5. The presidential council should hire a national figure to form a new technocrat government during a one month period.
6. Dissolving the Ministry of Media and allow independent, multi-media and free communication means. Practice the freedom of opinion and expression. Disseminate and consolidate the principles of democracy and freedom in the social and political society.
7. Dissolve the Ministry of Human Rights, and establish an independent supreme council for Human Rights.
8. Prosecute all the symbols of corruption and recover the stolen property of public and private funds
9. Immediate release of all the political detainees.
10. Prosecute anyone who caused or assisted or abetted in killing or wounding the protestors of the peaceful revolution. Compensate and honor the families of the martyrs and the wounded.
11. Dissolving the Political Security Agency, National Security Agency and the Council of National Defense, and form a security agency under the Ministry of Interior and with limited terms of reference in follow-up to the risks that threaten the country from abroad.
For further inquires please contact via email email@example.com
Latest posts by CME (see all)
- “Terrorist, plain and simple”? The misleading strategy behind the “terrorist” tag. – October 6, 2015
- Letter Smuggled out of Egyptian Prisons: Esraa El Taweel Speak – July 14, 2015
- We must not forget Abu-Salim – July 7, 2015